The MEM grid boxes incorporate a number of innovations for improved ease of use, more secure storage and integrated documentation.
Innovations integrated in the MEM grid boxes are:
- "Tree" shaped TEM grid storage cavity virtually eliminates the chances of damaging the TEM grids - The grid storage cavity and the tweezers cavity have a separation wall so that the tweezers will only be able to grip the edge of the grids
- The additional slider with a window between cover and grid storage box exposes only 4 grids at the time and prevents grids from falling or "jumping" out of the storage box.
- Integrated grid storage record card inserted in a dedicated slot on the back of the MEM grid box.
- The storage box body is made of white plastic providing good contrast. The cover lid and the slider with window are both made from clear plastic providing clear visibility.
There are two versions of the MEM grid boxes:
- 161-96 - store up to 96 grids, size 81 x 54 x 10mm
- 161-32 - store up to 32 grids and up to 8 blocks, size 81 x 54 x 14mm
- US Patent #7619225
Technical Notes, MEM grid boxes (392KB PDF)
- MEM Grid Storage Box for 96 grids
- MEM Grid Storage Box for 32 grids / 8 blocks