for Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Used to pick up many individual sections or ribbons and to transfer them onto another grid
- It can also be formvar coated as a receiving grid for examination of a large number of sections.
- When formvar coated, it will support 2 or even 3 parallel ribbons of serial sections, with no obscuring grid bars.
- Hole size 50% greater than the largest slot grid.
- There are two slits in the rim area which allow it to be easily bent with forceps to make a tab, while keeping the remainder of the grid surface flat prior to picking up ribbons.
References: Chien K, Van de Velde R, Heusser R, 1985. Simultaneous ultramicrotomy of multiple areas and examination of ribbons on one new grid. Proc 43rd Annual Meeting, Elec Micr Soc Amer, G W Bailey, ed, San Francisco Press, 460.
Galey FR, Nilsson SEG, 1966. A new method for transferring sections from the liquid surface of the trough through staining solutions to the supporting film of a grid. J Ultrastruct Res, 14, 405-410.
- Chien One-hole Grids, 2.375mm, 3.0mm O.D., Copper, 100/vial